Friday, March 8, 2013

Daily Beauty Essentials - Face, Hair and Body


It's all well and good splurging on the latest eyeshadows, body oils and hair elixirs, but everyone needs a stash of daily essentials to get them through the week. A busy lifestyle calls for simple, staple beauty routines, but as I am a beauty addict at heart, I often buy products that I don't use and they end up exceeding their shelf-life.

However, I am pleased to tell you that, after years of spending around £50 per shop on lotions and potions that don't do much for me at all, other than damage my bank balance, I think I've nearly cracked my daily beauty bread.

CLEANSER
Skinceuticals Blemish + Age Cleansing Gel


No other cleanser does a better job than this one. You know that fresh feel-the-air-on-your-face feeling you get after using a brand new cleanser for the first time? This one gives me that feeling every time and keeps my skin well under control.

CONCEALER
Benefit Erase Paste in Fair


Believe me when I say I have tried and tested a LOT of concealers. I always end up disappointed with either the colour, texture or coverage, but this one has really become a make-up bag regular. Thick, creamy coverage in just the right shade for my skin.

Don't be fooled by the packaging - it lasts ages!

MAKE-UP REMOVAL
Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing 2-in-1 Make-Up Remover
Boots Cosmetic Oval Pads



After years of using face wipes, I decided to make a change and separate my make-up removal from my cleansing. Since then, the Garnier 2-in-1 remover has been my go-to product, with a helping hand from Boots' oval cotton pads.

LIP BALM
Vaseline Limited Edition Pink Bubbly


Nothing beats a limited edition vaseline for a daily dose of lip moisture, and I love the colour and smell of this one. It's so pretty!

INTENSIVE HAIR CONDITIONER
Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner


Because I have coloured my hair a lot and used heat straightening a fair bit in the past, I find that I really need to use an intensive conditioner every time I wash my hair to restore any damage. I've only used the Dove intensive repair conditioner twice, but I already love it.

 HAIR BRUSH
Tresemme Paddle Brush


I went through a comb phase, then a tangle-type brush phase, and now I have found paddle brushes to be the perfect fit for my medium-length, thick hair.

DEODORANT
Nivea Pearl & Beauty Roll-On Deodorant


When it comes to deodorant, I always use a roll-on. I spent years using sprays and found them irritating and far from long-lasting.

Nivea roll-ons are great and I take one with me everywhere. It's good to note that some of these deodorants are also suitable for sensitive skin.

FRAGRANCE
Left: Giorgio Armani, Acqua di Gioia
Middle: Van Cleef & Arpels, Oriens
Right: Elie Saab, Le Parfum


These are my current go-to fragrances. I like to wear different ones every day depending on my mood and what I am doing that day. Acqua di Gioia has a fresh, light citrus scent; Oriens is a fruity favourite of mine and is perfect for day and night wear; and Elie Saab's Le Parfum is a really 'feel expensive' elegant English fragrance.

SHOWER GEL
Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash


This is a really lovely invigorating, moisturising shower gel for daily use. You get a lot of product for your money and this baby lasts me absolutely ages.

What are your beauty essentials? xxx

11 comments :

  1. Lovely blog! Your new follower, Frankie

    Frankiessay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much - glad you like the blog x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks lovely I'm so glad you like elie Saab it's a gorgeous classic fragrance and sugar crush is delicious x

      Delete
  3. I recently bought the S&G Sugar Crush body wash too! Love how big the bottle is :D - I have the original scented one too so I can alternate each day haha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love alternating shower gels too it's the way forward. I love the formula and smell of sugar crush :) x

      Delete
  4. Erase Paste is amazing! The Shower Gel smells gorgeous x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love erase paste! It lasts so long too :) and so does the sugar crush shower gel x

      Delete
  5. I've seen that erase paste a few times! Might have to try it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great concealer - go for it! let me know what you think x

      Delete

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...